Thriving Mind South Florida, contracting as South Florida Behavioral Health Network, Inc., is seeking an Adult System of Care Specialist. The candidate shall report directly to the Director of the Adult System of Care. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the system of care is accessible, effective, efficient, and appropriate for individuals and families seeking services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following, as well as other work-related duties as assigned:
- Review clinical documentation to determine referral eligibility to the identified level of care.
- Manage waitlist and provide prior authorizations for adult substance use and mental health residential treatment.
- Serve as the liaison to the South Florida State Hospital.
- Coordinate responses to Care Coordination referrals with the Care Coordination Team
- Review and make recommendations for placement into the Florida Assertive Community Treatment Teams (FACT) and manage waitlist.
- Support and track referrals to Forensic specific programs complementary to Forensic Team active management of forensic programs
- Collect data, design reports, and interpret information for monthly, quarterly, and annual reports as necessary
- Track and monitor individuals’ progress through the treatment continuum
- Track and review length of stay in managed programs to determine continued need for program admission.
- Monitor agencies’ contractual agreements to ensure compliance with contract mandated program goals and requirements.
- Evaluates and prepares reports involving the review and utilization of existing agency resources.
- Research and make recommendations concerning funding requirements for current and projected programs.
- Contributes to the development of policies and procedures for the utilization management and best practices.
- Prepare, coordinate, and facilitate provider meetings.
- Prepare, complete, and distribute for month-end preparation of utilization management reports according to deadlines.
- Represent the Network at workshops, on task forces and at various planning meetings when requested.
- Perform other related duties and special projects, including community-based and/or agency events as assigned.
- Assist providers with balancing access, quality of care, and cost efficiency.
- Provide/Coordinate and make recommendations for training and technical assistance for provider agencies.
- Advise provider agencies on Evidence Based Practices (EBPs); and assist providers with implementation of those EBPs.
- Assume other tasks as assigned by Provider Services Manager.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENT: Knowledge of the adult system of care. Knowledge of admission criteria and clinical assessment instruments.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Master’s Degree & Licensure preferred; Bachelor’s degree with 2-year experience in related field.
FINANCIAL SKILLS: Ability to and administer multiple contracts and work effectively with auditors.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to travel to various meetings for the agency. Excellent interpersonal skills, communicate effectively as a team player with peers and management.
Please submit resumes to:
Julie Ortiz, Human Resources Coordinator, email@example.com