Thriving Mind South Florida, the managing entity for mental health, substance abuse, and behavioral health in Miami-Dade and Monroe counties, is seeking a Care Coordination Specialist.
Care Coordination Specialist report directly to the Director of Adult System of Care. The Care Coordination Specialist is responsible for assuring that the system of care is accessible, effective, efficient and appropriate for individuals and families seeking services.
- Master’s degree in social work, public or business administration, public health or related field social service field. *Bachelor’s degree candidates will be considered if they at least have 4 years of Adult Case Management experience in the field.
- Four years of direct experience working with adults with severe and persistent mental illness
- Understanding of recovery-oriented system of care principles and values
- In-depth knowledge of the local behavioral health system of care and community resources
- Knowledge and skills in utilizing data analysis for decision making
- Understanding of different funding sources for behavioral health care (Medicaid, commercial insurance) as well as state and federal funding
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations related to the provision of mental health and substance services
- Excellent interpersonal skills, computer literacy a must (Excel) and able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to travel to various meetings for the agency
- Ability to work in team setting
- In addition to the above, any other responsibilities appropriate to the position and not specifically listed above
Please send resumes to:
Human Resources Coordinator