BANYAN HEALTH SYSTEMS
MISSION STATEMENT: To advance the health and well-being of healthcare consumers in all walks of life with thoughtfully integrated services that combine the best of prevention, disease control, consumer education, research, and evidence-based clinical services across the historically separate disciplines of behavioral and physical healthcare.
OUR VISION: A community of people who embrace each day of their lives in dignity and health.
Title: Corrections Aide
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure security and safety of buildings and property.
- Oversee location of residents by making periodic head checks and hourly checks.
- Responsible for implementing emergency procedures.
- Application of appropriate disciplinary measures to ensure cooperation and compliance of clients.
- Sign in and sign out residents as required
- Perform any clinical or ancillary functions as requested by Program Director.
- Answer phones, record, and forward messages as necessary.
- Communicate, via RRC Communication Log, any pertinent occurrences that take place on shift.
- Contact RRC Program Director in case of emergency if needed for clinical decision.
- Required to possess CPR/First Aid Certificate of training.
- Have knowledge of all RRC rules and procedures as outlined in procedure manual and Standard Operating Protocols.
- Conduct social pass, leisure pass, home confinement and employment and phone verifications as needed.
- Conduct weekly sanitation and safety inspection when needed.
- Conduct facility searches, pat searches, as assigned.
- Employee will always stay awake and alert, even when on break.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
NON-ESSENTIALS FUNCTIONS: None noted at this time.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This individual will be responsible for the security and operation of the RRC facility around the clock.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma, one-year corrections experience preferred. Some college preferred with maturity to handle emergency situations.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, write and speak in English; Spanish (or other languages) helpful. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedures manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: NONE
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Computer Skills: word processing and spread sheets; other company specific software; detail-oriented, thorough, accurate, diligent, reputable; meets deadlines and follows good business practices.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
SAFETY: Follows the general guidelines of the Agency to promote and maintain a safe working environment.
Please submit resumes to: