Master’s Level Clinician Care Coordination Specialist – Detailed to MDP
Thriving Mind South Florida, (TMSF) a non-profit Managing Entity, is seeking (2) Master’s Level Clinician- Care Coordination Specialist (Detailed to Miami Dade Police Department), as part of the19 Justice and Mental health Collaboration Program grant. This Master’s Level Clinician- Care Coordination Specialist is responsible for assuring that the system of care is accessible, effective, efficient and appropriate for individuals and families seeking services that are identified through Law Enforcement. This Specialist works directly with Miami-Dade Police Department Threat Management Section as a co-responder during police and mental health related calls for service, will provide relevant screening/assessments of behavioral health issues to identify needs and will provide Care Coordination by facilitating the transition to ongoing services through a warm hand-off through linkages and referrals that are responsive to the individuals and family needs. The Specialist will participate and take lead in MDPD Thriving Mind South Florida Peer Review, Care Coordination Workgroup and other associated meetings. They will develop policies and procedures for care coordination best practices and represent the Network at workshops, on task forces and at various planning meetings when requested.
- Must pass Miami-Dade Police Department Background Screening process.
- Knowledge of the system of care.
- Knowledge of admission criteria and clinical assessment instruments.
- Exceptional skills in utilization data analysis.
- Understanding of different funding sources for behavioral health care (Medicaid, commercial insurance) as well as state and federal funding.
- In-depth understanding of system of care principles and values.
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations related to the provision of mental health and substance services.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of collaborative quality improvement processes.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in social work or marriage and family therapy. (Master’s Level Clinician is required)
- Three years’ experience in utilization management or human services program management that includes oversight of admissions, census, discharges and budget.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $65,000 per year
PPE supplies are provided to employee if needed for detail work in the field.