Thriving Mind South Florida is seeking a Peer Specialist. The Peer Specialist provides peer support, recovery and resiliency technical assistance to peer specialists and providers throughout the network. The Peer Specialist will promote a Recovery Oriented System of Care (ROSC) through the Network and the community.
- The Peer Specialist will work with the Peer Services Manager, mental health and behavioral health professionals, and individuals served in the community.
- This person will provide peer support, encouragement and motivation to individuals that have behavioral health challenges.
- The Peer Specialist will be able to share their personal story of recovery to provide hope and inspiration to others.
- They will attend and participate in community advocacy meetings and peer to peer recovery groups. In addition, they will attend and participate in activities at community agencies, drop-in centers, and clubhouses.
- The Peer Specialist will serve as a role model and mentor to individuals served and other Peer Specialists in the community.
- A high school diploma/GED is required.
- Peer certification (CRPS) is recommended.
- The Peer Specialist should have at least one year of experience in behavioral health services or as a peer specialist
- The Peer Specialist should possess the ability to use word processing and email applications (e.g. Microsoft Office).
- This person needs to possess the ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints in a calm, professional manner.
- The Peer Specialist must have their own car for transportation.
Please submit resume to:
Human Resources Coordinator