Thriving Mind South Florida is leading the transformation of its provider network into a Recovery Oriented System of Care
This commitment to change began with a ROSC summit in the Southern Region of Florida and has expanded into trainings where network service providers can learn what ROSC is and how important it is to implement its basic tenets into their organization.
The basic values of a ROSC are:
- Person centered
- Strength based
- Involvement of families, friends, care givers, allies, and the community
The core functions of a ROSC are:
- To educate and raise awareness
- Disseminate information
- Implement policy and practice changes
- Provide a menu of services
- Coordinate services
- Ensure ongoing quality improvement
Although we are in the early phases of transformation we foresee great potential in this model of care for improving access to care, quality of care, and ultimately, the effectiveness of that care.